Wednesday 11 November 2009

Bye Bye Meghan!

Meghan Left on Wednesday 4 November. Sad day, sad sad day. Yes I'm happy that I know her and that our lives crossed (I seriously think we're twins separated at birth ... by 9 years, different set of parents and 2 different continents ... but it could happen?!) but I'm super sad that she's not here anymore. It's just home when I go home to my flat now. It's empty and all lonely :-( My next flatmate (when I get one ... anyone need a room in London?) will have BIG shoes to fill!

I kept getting my camera out to take pictures and Meghan kept saying "No, use mine!". Now she's in South Africa with pictures and I don't have them. Grr! Still waiting for her to send them to me!

Meghan's last moments in the flat (yes, I'm in serious need of makeup! I wasn't well that day. Give me some slack!)
Meghan at the car, waving goodbye to our flat

We had a pretty fun trip to the airport. Meghan kept taking pictures (of EVERYTHING) and saying bye to EVERYTHING (bye street, bye shop, by buses, bye shop assistant ....) But we got some great photos and memories of the fun ride to the airport!


It took us 3 red light to take a photo (I was trying to drive through rush hour after all!)



At the airport, Meghan filling out her luggage tags




James had joined us to see Meghan off. We had a coffee before Meghan went through security. And took some more silly photos.

Silly photos were obviously a theme from the evening!

Then there was the obligatory good-bye photos

James with Megs

The group that all came together to send Meghan off: Kirsty, Meghan, Meg's Uncle Mark, James and me

I made Meghan guzzle the rest of her water so she could fill up her water bottle on the other side of security and not have to buy a bottle of water. A trick I picked up a few years ago. Problem was I made her do this while she was bursting for the loo!

Saying good-bye. Man I didn't want to let that girl go!


Meghan going through the security line


James has been an absolute star looking after me since Meghan left. I've been a bit mopey without my flatmate and he's been cheering me up. I miss her. Come back Meghan!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. Bitter-Sweet, I know!

Mom