Thursday 1 July 2010

First BBQ of the year

Paul and I have been friends for a few years now but I've never been round to his place, which I often harrass him about. He works across the road from where I live so we often go out somewhere around my flat. I also harrass him about the fact that he's had several (last minute) BBQs but never invited me. So he found himselflf with a free Sunday during our lovely 2 weeks of summer (England generally has only 2 weeks of good summer weather) and invited me round to his for a BBQ.

He has a lovely house in a "suburban" area on the outskirts of London. It was very surreal for meo be in the quiet burbs rather than the traffic congested, every bustling and noise infested London.

We had a great BBQ lunch, watched England loose spectacularly in the World cup game, then chatted for a few hours and took a stroll around the area. A great Sunday afternoon by my account (well it was afternoon and evening as I didn't leave til about 9)!

Paul at the BBQ... he dropped the same burger through to the coals twice - SO funny! For me at least.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, a charcoal grilled hamburger!

Imagine we'll be grilling this week end ;-)