Tuesday 14 April 2009

Hard Rock Cafe number 5



So I've become an accidental collector of Hard Rock Cafe (HRC) hurricane glasses (as pictured above). It all started in 1999 while on a trip to Mexico City: I'd never been to a HRC before and it was a neat experience, so I got a drink in a souvenir glass. Four years later Jake, a former AIM* student, came to visit and stayed with at my house. He wanted to check out the new HRC in Nottingham so I gladly obliged and went along with him. As I had a glass from my last visit to the HRC, of course I needed to get one from Nottingham! Fast forward to Easter break of 2008. Cate and I travelled to Oslo on some penny flights we found and low and behold there was a HRC that had a pretty cheap lunch deal (Oslo is a flipping expensive place! Any offer was a good offer!), and as it was HRC, I of course had to get my third hurricane glasses to add to what was slowly forming my collection. Skip forward to December of last year I went to Paris with Matt. This trip was fast and furious, but I had seen an advert for HRC and I was determined to get there. Unfortunately we only managed to stop long enough to rush out of the taxi, buy a glass (and a hat for my cousin's Christmas present) and back into the taxi to catch the train home. It still counts though - I went, I bought, I have my fourth glass for my collection. Matt at one point or another had asked me if there were things in London that I'd wanted to do and hadn't. (One of the things I wanted to do was go on on of the docked boats on the Thames for a drink / dinner. Oddly enough we walked by one that day and decided to tick that off my list of things to do - I barely lasted 60 seconds before I was nauseous and wanted to get off!) Going to the London Hard Rock Cafe was on my list of "things to do in London" as well. The week before last Matt and I ventured out to the London HRC and ticked that off my things to do in London list. So now I have quite a collection of glasses from the HRC I've visited. Where will my next glass come from - only time will tell!


*AIM is the program I originally came to England with to work with the church in Nottingham
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where are you displaying your HRC hurricane glasses???

karen said...

They're just on a shelf in my lounge.