Tuesday 14 April 2009

A random Saturday in April

After my "telling off" for my middle aged woman's wardrobe by Tesca, I decided to go shopping last Saturday afternoon. I hate shopping, always have (just ask my mother). I either go shopping and I love everything and want to buy everything (which I can't because it's too expensive) or I like nothing, nothing fits and I feel ugly and depressed and have wasted my time and had to put up with crowds of irritating people. My shopping trips are usually the later of the two, and Saturday was no exception. 5 hours of crowds of rude people, disorganised sale racks, unhelpful sale assistants and too many changing rooms, I purchased out with 2 dresses (I refused to come back empty handed!

Dress number 1, I really liked the pattern on this dress, but the top of it fits funny. It's actually being taken back to the shop and exchanged for a skirt of the same material.


Dress number two, I really like this dress, but of course it was the most expensive item of clothing I tried on that day. Why can't I ever fall in love with items from the sales racks!
Saturday night Meghan (my flatmate) and I headed to Becky's birthday party across town. It'd been a couple months since we'd last seen each other so it was very good to get to see this gal again!


Somehow she ended up modeling the ribbon that I wrapped her present in. Crazy gal!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Scott and Cheryl said...

I liked both of the dresses you picked out...very flattering. Of course you had stretched yourself out a bit, but they still both looked very nice.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the modeling show. The dresses look good on you.