Sunday 2 November 2008

The shed devistation! Part IV, will it ever end?

Do you remember the adventurous life that my shed has lived? If not, here's some links to help remind yourself:

Part 1 - The Shed Fiasco - February - This ruined quite a bit of the contents of my shed. Very sad, but nothing hugely important - the leak was small.
The Shed Fiasco Part Duex - October 2 - Again, not much important lost here, a few bits and bobs thrown away, but most of it ok.
The shed Disaster - October 4 - All Thanksgiving decorations lost that were brought over for me by my mother years agao, some that I knew from my childhood. Very very upsetting!

When I got home from the states late Friday morning, for some reason I went outside briefly and was greeted by the after effects of my shed vomiting. One of the doors to the shed had come open and more of my stuff had been ruined by weather and rain. This time ... this time it was 10 years worth of pictures that were sitting in water. Devastating!

I had to bring what I could inside on Friday, but I was rushing to get a train up north for the weekend, so there wasn't a lot I could do. Monday after work I went to the local DIY shop to buy a new shed - I'd had enough shed disasters. They didn't have any shed. Poo! They did say another shop "down the road" had them, so off "down the road" I go. Half and hour later I got to the next shop and bought Shed Number 2. Exactly the same shed, just without a broken lid.

Getting it in the car, while it rained, was interesting, but I was determined to get it in the car (I didn't remember how tight of a fit it was in my car.

Check how far forward my seat is ... I'm sure it was illegal to drive like this! Remember, I'm a leggy 5'10"! I felt like I was crammed in a clown car! I somehow managed the painful 20 minute drive home.
By the time I managed to get home, I was exhausted and hungry (this was 9:30pm). So the shed stayed flat packed on my stairwell and the contents of the shed were in my hallway. Tuesday I was ill and Wednesday I was in the city to watch the fireworks .. so my hallway was a bit of an assault course this week!

I didn't get any pictures of the damaged stuff or the hallway with all the shed contents that survived, but here are a few pictures from me putting the shed together in the dark and rain last night. I have such a fun life!
This looks like all the ruined stuff

To try to make room, I put the patio chairs and the ruined stuff in the old shed

The chaos and packaging of the new shed
The new shed with a lid without a crack in it. Fingers crossed this one doesn't leak!!!

The shed now has all the shed contents back in it. It's been a rainy-ish day, so I guess I can check out how water proof it is tonight.

0 comments: